The DTS Long-Term Trader
This is a model investment letter for long-term traders. That may include day traders who also manage their long-term money, as well as those traders/investors who do not currently have time to learn for themselves.
- The LTT is not just ‘recommendations’ – Just a list of ideas doesn’t always help people.
- It is a letter that gives the exact position, entry, stop, targets and full management.
- The management is updated as needed. It is a fully comprehensive letter.
- All you have to figure is your risk amount – a truly hands off way to invest long term.
- Intended for those who do not want to learn to do it for themselves or don’t have time.
- Also for those who are simple to busy.
- This is a source that can be used by fund managers as well.
- Expected hold time for positions is ‘weeks to months’ but there is no max time.
Compliments – Thank you…
I have been involved in trading and investing for over 35 years. Also, I have worked on Wall St, then started trading for myself in the ’90s. I have a Ph.D. in economics, which has helped me see into some macro trends in the stock, bond, currency, and options market, but didn’t give me much of an edge in short-term trading.
Paul Lange has taken my trading to another level. He is a great teacher, one of those rare individuals who are natural teachers. He really wants his students to do well and it shows in the extra effort he puts in.
I highly recommend the DTS trading room and Paul’s market comments in his letters. – Lorraine K.
More About the DTS Long Term Trader (LTT)
- The expectation will be that there will be a maximum of 6-8 full positions a MAX.
- That would be considered fully ‘invested’.
- It will never be the intention to enter a position close to earnings. However, positions will be held through earnings if they are ‘seasoned’ generally meaning at least a 5% profitable price move since entry.
- Positions may include both long and short positions. This will be influenced by the overall market environment, but may also be due simply to unique patterns. It may also be a ‘hedge’ in an uncertain market.
Delivery of the LTT
- It will arrive in your inbox as an email coming from the secure DTS Website.
- You will also get a text message alerting you of the email.
- There is no regular schedule. You don’t take positions on Mondays or the 10th of the month, you take them when appropriate.
- Expect a letter every two to three weeks even if it is only a general update.
- Each letter will be given one of three titles so you know the urgency a) General Update – No urgency, no new play, no position changes. Simply an update on the market, on the watchlists, or on the current stalkers. b) New Position – Urgent, a new position is being suggested c) Position Changes – Important and may or not be urgent. Changes to the management of open positions.
Want to View a Couple Past Issues?
Click on the pictures below to view two back to back issues…
About the Trading / Investment Style
Nice to know – general comments about Paul’s long-term trading style from Paul…
One big concept is to be safe at all times, so a ‘disaster’ move one morning does not wipe you out. Too many long-term players try to perfectly time things and then load the boat, causing serious problems if things don’t go their way quickly. I look to never have more than 2-3 risk units at risk. So if two positions are entered and both are full positions and no stops are changed and no targets are taken, there generally would not be another position until a partial target was hit or a stop was moved up. This is how to safely build into a larger portfolio. Note that this concept is still at risk of a disastrous market gap down as ‘stops’ are not insurance policies on a big gap down.
Generally speaking, I like to get ‘safe’ with a third of the trade fairly quickly on a nice pop in the right direction. This allows more flexibility and lets you build the portfolio and the ‘back halves/thirds’.
Strategically I am not a ‘bottom fisher’. Remember everything looks like a bargain on the way to ‘zero’. Occasionally exceptional quality plays may look like that (naturally ‘bottom fishing’ is not a strategic term, but one everyone relates to). I do like steep pullbacks in strong trends. I also like transitional types of plays.
Click HERE for the DTS Long-Term Trader Performance…
Subscriptions to the Long Term Trader (LTT)
The DTS Long Term Trader is $247.00 per month. It is the fifth option down if you want just the LTT.
There is also a substantial discount on the annual rate at $2277.00 per year as you really should try a year at a time for a long-term letter…
There is also a discount for combining the LTT with either or both the DTS Daily Market Letter or the DTS Trading Room
A Final Note
Remember, there is risk in trading and investing and YOU have to be the ultimate decision maker of your RISK as the overnight holding of positions, although the ‘standard’ for decades, can result in unplanned losses from overnight moves.